Marketing is funny because the effect of it is not necessarily in any proportion to the cost and effort that has been put into it.
Internet marking is even funnier.
To point out the different factors that I think control this environment, I’ve sketched a Venn diagram of Internet marketing:
The three factors that I consider important for the effect of the marketing message are:
- Price (cheap vs expensive)
- Business potential (targeted vs non-specific)
- Popularity (remarkable vs irrelevant)
Every marketing campaign out there has its place on this diagram.
But all marketing should have its target in the middle.
Or at least do one of the following:
- Make the biggest possible impact with the smallest possible investment.
- Reach the right people and forget everything else.
- Just aim to be popular and enjoy the ride.
You must be logged in to post a comment.