A good salesman or a marketer feels they are helping their customers to do better choices for themselves. To appear sincere they actually have to believe in their product themselves.
Most sales and marketing people don’t.
I sincerely believe that FinderBase.com‘s only function is to help people reunite with their lost stuff. To achieve that I think our marketing should be:
- Non-disruptive. A good message doesn’t please everybody but it shouldn’t irritate everybody either.
- Noticeable. A good message is something you notice and perhaps even keep in mind for future use.
- Inexpensive. A good message doesn’t cost virtually anything to distribute.
- Viral. A good message is such that you will tell forward if you think someone else could use the information.
- Helpful. Customer’s gain is top priority.
These in mind I designed the following:
Found bicycle. Finding the owner is in everyone’s best interest. We’re just delivering the message.