So far this project has been an outstanding success
Four weeks ago I had no idea how much we could achieve in less than a month. What I do know is that we will do something big. Here’s a small overview of the current status:
- Apart from myself, six fantastic and talented people have expressed their dedication for my project. A few more were hired.
- Four multi-million-turnover companies were interviewed and all of them found our solution interesting. One of them even considered it worth paying for. All of them share the pain in the way things are currently handled.
- 100 people were interviewed for a market study and 74 of them say they would pay for our service if it sincerely tried to help them. If it actually succeeded in helping them the figure was 95.
- The global annual market size is estimated to be around 200–300 M€.
- Three “big shots” in the field of web 2.0 and social media have agreed to give us an audience.
And we quote Jesus on our business plan. Can it really get better than this?
I’ve been saving today’s post to send a status update to all of you following my project.
As I mentioned before I was pitching an idea at the Aalto ES today. It went about as good as I expected and definitely better than the rehearsal speech on Monday.
The judges apparently liked my pitch and my idea came third out of eight. That was probably the best possible place to be at, since I got concrete help on where the drawbacks of my idea are. I will have plenty of time later to tell you more about the idea and how I’m going to make it happen.
In the pitching competition the first place was awarded to a great social media experiment called Promises where you can make a promise that your friends can see so that you have the social pressure of keeping it. I love the idea. Get the site running guys and I can come and promise to do the million before thirty.
The second place went to an idea of starting a Colombian coffee franchise in Finland. All they need is two million to start with but really I hope they pull it through.
So what now?
Now I will discuss with the Tuli people on Monday how they see how they see the market potential in what I’m doing. After that we’ll just start doing it together with the team I will be building in the next few days. It was great to see so many people who had good ideas and wanted to help me in any way they can. Thank you all, I really appreciate your expertise and love to see your ideas developed further.
What comes to this project financially, obviously so far it is on the negative side. After registering a couple of domain names, I’m now at -$21.90.